• Getting There and Getting Around – Daily flights from major cities worldwide at the two
International Airports: Donald Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay and the Norman
Manley International Airport in Kingston, the capital. Air shuttle, taxis, buses and rental vehicles
are also available. In Jamaica driving is on the left.
• Currency Exchange – The official rate of exchange fluctuates daily. Foreign currency may be
exchanged for Jamaican currency at banks or licensed exchange bureaus at the airports and
hotels. Purchases may be made with any foreign currency recognized by the Jamaican
Government. Jamaican dollars may be reconverted to foreign currency at the airport upon
departure by presenting a foreign exchange receipt.
• Credit Cards – All major credit cards are accepted at established businesses, resorts, airlines, car
• In Your Hotel – Wireless Internet Access (fee apply), check at the hotel front desk); Security
Deposit Box, Currency Exchange.
• Language – The official language is English; but Jamaican patois, a combination of several
languages, is spoken throughout the island.
• Weather & What to Wear – Tropical climate, hot summers, a light sweater for evening
especially in winter months. Rainy season May to October. Wear light-weight, loose-fitting
clothing, hats, and comfortable shoes for walking.
• Time Zone – Eastern Standard Time. Jamaica does not observe Daylight Saving Time.
• Telephone – Jamaica Country code 1 + 876 and number. Dialing out call 1 + International
country code and number. Mobile phones work in Jamaica, or you can rent them and buy a
prepaid SIM card.
• Electrical Voltage – 110 Volts is standard. 220 Volts is used in some hotels. Adapters are
available where applicable for hair dryers and clothes irons.
•Medical Facilities – There are regional hospitals and clinics in all the major resorts. Doctors are
on call at all hotels and some hotels have resident nurses.
• While Shopping – Do not display large amounts of cash! Best quality items , such as coffee,
cigars, clothing, art & craft are sold throughout in stores, hotels, galleries; and a must visit to the
craft markets. Returning U.S. residents are allowed $800.00 of purchases. Please check
restricted items with Customs.
• Tipping – 10% - 15% recommended. Many Hotels & restaurants automatically add a 15% service charge to your bill.
Call an Agent 1-844-859-2526